Having lived in several places without kitchen exhaust fans or range hoods, we can surely tell you — they're a necessity! There's some new high tech options out there geared to save energy and look great doing it. Here's a few of our favorite picks!
Although we're personally partial to exhaust units that lower in and out of the cabinet (like this one), they don't really offer any technological advantages besides looking super cool. Below are a few of our favorites that have variable lighting, speed and even angular control.
• Matrix Wall: from Faber. This unit is by far the coolest one we've seen on the market lately. It has hidden grease traps, is whisper quiet and tilts out away from the wall when in use. It almost just looks like artwork instead of the large clunky unit we're used to seeing.
• Cavaliere 198B2: from Rangehoodsinc. This hood spans a full 30 inches and uses LED and halogen lighting and is dishwasher friendly. Variable speeds help keep energy usage low.
• SI-523 Island Hood: from Cyclone. Removable mesh panels are dishwasher safe and the unit comes with an adjustable timer to turn things off, even if you've left the kitchen. Contact a dealer near you for pricing.
• AirPro 36": from Euro Kitchen and Bath. This model boasts a touchscreen LCD display, multiple controls to suck as little or as much as you need it to. Interior halogens also act as heat lamps if you need to hold your food for a party.
• Inca Smart: from Faber. This compact, in-cabinet mounted exhaust fan is perfect for those who don't have any desire to stare at their range hood. It costs less than $2 a year to run with daily usage and is perfect for small spaces.
(Images: As Linked Above)