If you've got an old lamp that needs some sprucing up, changing the lamp shade can often do the trick. We found five fantastic DIY ideas that you can do easily to make your own, custom lamp shade for a child's room. Check out our inspiration!
• Handwritten Shade from A Little Glass Box: We love this idea that can be executed in so many ways. Courtney decided to write a letter to her son and attach it to this lamp shade. You could do the same, or write favorite quotes, the lyrics to a special song, or nursery rhymes.
• Pottery Barn-inspired Flower Shade from Sweet C's Designs: With some inspiration from a Pottery Barn Kids lamp, Courtney from Sweet C's Designs came up with this peony-covered shade.
• Custom Silhouette Shade from Chica and Jo: Another great use of typography, this shade is at its most striking when it's lit.
• DIY Ribbon Shade featured at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam: More ideas from Pottery Barn Kids led Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam to feature this ribbon-covered shade that her friend made.
• Kids' Art Lamp Shade at Kid Crave: Have your kids design their own lamp with this kit featured at Kid Crave, or just let them go crazy with some permanent markers and a fabric shade.
(Images: as linked above)
MORE LAMPS FOR KIDS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Kid-Friendly Wall Light for Bunks
• Lighthearted: 10 Playful & Whimsical Lamps
• Globe Pendants