Inspiration for our interior and exterior areas of our home comes from lots of different places. Blogs, magazines, books and yes, even sometimes television and movies. When it came time to find inspiration for outdoor gatherings we didn't look for just the most gorgeously portrayed parties, rather, we looked for ones we could learn a lesson from.
1) Brothers and Sisters: A giant table surrounded by strings of white lights makes even the most awkward of family gatherings bearable, even enjoyable. We've got a round-up of white lights to help you light up your outdoors.
2) The Kids Are All Right: You don’t want to go overboard when impressing guests to your outdoor space for the first time. Sometimes just a warm, casual tablecloth accompanied with simple details and in a cozy outdoor setting is just the right combination. Start off with a great tablecloth choice.
3) It’s Complicated: String up some white lights, push all that carefully arranged patio furniture to the side and put on some summer grooves for a great time. You'll be able to juggle a handful of guests as deftly as juggling several men (or women) in your life. Need some song recommendations? Check out love songs of the 80's play list.
4) Grown Ups: Not everything has to be so perfectly thought out when planning a party in your outdoor space for friends. Sometimes just comfortable seating and some beers can be the perfect formula for an impromptu outdoor get together. We like eco-friendly outdoor sofas.
5) Sex and the City 2: You don’t need Moroccan details to look fabulous in your outdoor space, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. Your patio might not be in Dubai, but with the help of bold colors, exotic textiles and thoughtful details you could be sipping your homemade cosmos with a little more global flair. Start with some great exotic lanterns.
(Images: Hooked on Houses; Mubi; She Knows Entertainment; Tracy Bennett for IMDB and Craig Blankenhorn for IMDB)