At this point in the summer we've haven't got any more energy for anything fussy or proper or...time consuming. So we love the idea of having some fresh picked messiness in our bouquets. They're easy, they're cheap and help us indulge in the last lazy days of summer.
1. Fresh Picked: This image comes from the LA flickr pool and wood and wool's photo stream. We love the vase which lends itself to creating an arrangement out of a hodge podge of flowers and greenery and making it look beautifully messy and romantic.
2. Saturday Morning Flowers: Reminiscent of walking through fields in the summer time and filling our fists with whatever we can find, a tight messy bouquet of greenery and flowers is perfect for summer.
3. Simple Summer Arrangement: We found this one earlier in the summer and loved the use of different sized vessels and just a couple of found plants, or perhaps what's left of a dying bouquet.
4. Frugal Flowers: Take a supermarket bouquet and deconstruct it into a messy bouquet in a simple glass canning jar.
5. Market Flowers: Choosing one type of flower (like ranunculus in the picture or tulips) that are a little unruly, a little messy and lighthearted and filling a simple vessel takes just a minute. Bonus: as tulips and ranunculus age they droop and flop in the most romantic ways (just make sure you clip the bottoms of the stems every couple of days to keep them alive longer).