At our home these days, the only timepieces around are our iphones and the one on the stove. Our small beside clock bit the dust a few years ago and there just didn't seem to be a need to replace it. But, growing up, the main clock for the house was a butcher block wall clock in the kitchen with bold modern black numbers...
...that we remember fondly. If we were to add a wall clock to our kitchen, we'd go with something with sort of 70's retro vibe, like these five modern, minimal styles:
Shown above, left to right:
1. Monolithic Clock by Jonas Damon for $89 at Watchismo
2. Bankers Clock by Arne Jacobsen for $400 at Fitsu
3. Times Square Zen Clock by Jonathan Wajskol for $98 at Unica
4. Camp Clock by Claesson, Koivisto & Rune for $295 at Unica
5. Junghans Wall Clock by Max Bill for $375 at Nova 68