We are big fans of reusing old jars, as you can see here, here and here. Below are five more projects you can do with a glass jar and a few simple materials.
1. Drill a hole in the top and use it to store your string. Use a jar with a fun top or simply paint your own.
2. Wrap them in twine to make simple and cheap centerpiece vases.
3. Cover jar lids with pretty scrap paper, and use them to store your odds & ends.
4. Make your own natural air freshener. Combine baking soda and your favorite essential oil in a jar, and punch some holes in the lid.
5. Make an emergency oil lamp. All you need is a jar, wick, and a natural cooking oil like olive oil.
And before you even get started, here's a tip on how to clean the smell out of food jars.
MORE ON REUSING JARS ON APARTMENT THERAPY: