• Freshen the air. Fill a small pan with water and citrus peels and simmer over low heat. Add a cinnamon stick or a few cloves for a richer fragrance.
• Freshen your clothes. Place dried orange and lemon peels in a cheesecloth bag and hang in the closet or tuck into a drawer.
• Exfoliate your skin. Dried citrus peels are ground with lentils and semolina in this sounds-good-enough-to-eat Homemade Orange Peel Scrub from Padma's Kitchen.
• Protect your plants. Orange peels can deter cats from chewing on your plants or using them as a litter box. Rub peels over the leaves or scatter them around the soil.
• Make household cleaner. We found this easy recipe for Homemade Citrus Vinegar Cleaner on Tipnut and instantly mixed up a jar. It takes a few weeks to brew, so we'll report back when it's ready!
Do you have any more ideas to add?
Related: 27 Household Uses For Citrus Fruit