1. Wood and River Rock Wall
My current obsession is with rock work, which started last week with Thea Alvin's Rock Sculptures. I am considering building-up a small retaining wall to even-out my sloped front garden. Growing up in Southern California, I have always loved Arroyo Stone or river rock walls. Perhaps it's because they're often paired with Craftsman-style homes.
Here are 10 examples of rock walls I've found as inspiration:
1. Wood and River Rock Wall by GardenSoft: I'm staring off with my favorite of the bunch. I'd love to pair this horizontal slat fence with a river rock wall. I think it would add a little touch of modernity to my 1923 wood frame home.
2. Low River Rock Wall by GardenSoft: Desert gardens always feel so serene to me, but a wall like this would look great with a variety of garden styles.
3. River Rock Wave Wall by Michael Eckerman: This creative twist on the rock wall adds a bit of whimsy.
4. Neatly Stacked Rock Wall by GardenSoft: Another modern twist on the rock wall, the organic stacked rocks offset the austerity of the stucco wall.
5. Drill Split Granite Walls by Ry On The Rocks: This adds some serious curb appeal and will look even better once some plants are able to soften the hard edges.
6. River Rock Retaining Wall by Ry On The Rocks: This wall pairs well with the Japanese Maple and the home's wood exterior.
7. English Kitchen Garden Wall by Stars Succulents and Cactus: Rock and brick kitchen garden wall.
8. Bungalow Heaven Arroyo Stone Wall by Pfeifer-Dodge House: A traditional rock wall in Pasadena, CA, in the Bulgalow Heaven neighborhood.
9. Shaker Stone Wall by Life, Birds, Photos and Everything: A particularly rustic take on a rock wall in Shaker Village, Kentucky.
10. Shale Trim Wall by Ry On The Rocks: The warm shades of the shale work nicely with the traditional wood fencing.
(Images: As Linked Above)