- Whenever we’re on the hunt for bargain rugs, Overstock.com is the first place we check. Prices, styles and quality are all over the board, but the user reviews offer some insight into which products to try and which to avoid.
- FilzFelt's 100 percent wool floor mats (shown above) range from $40 for a 2x3 mat to $405 for a 6x9 rug. They're not the cheapest source in the list, but their felt is high quality and we love their simple color selection.
- For cheap rugs made from jute, seagrass and other natural fibers, we usually try World Market and Pier One. Rugs woven from natural grasses aren’t as soft as wool or cotton, but they’re durable and they fit in with several different styles of décor.
- Dash & Albert's woven cotton rugs range from around $25 for a small 2x3 mat to around $400 for a big 9x12 rug.
- IKEA is always a good source for cheap goods. Of their rug selection, we like the wool ones, which seem to hold up better to long-term wear.
Add your recommendations in the comments below. Photo: Filz Felt