With temperatures cooling off just enough to entertain actually going outside (at dusk) along with the fact that I now have a backyard, I've begun to consider inviting people over. Jump below for 5 inspiring outdoor soirees to steal ideas from.
I admit, my aesthetic skews to jars of haphazardly arranged flowers, messy dangling lights and long tables of mismatched furniture, these aren't all entirely different but more of a mood board for a great, casual outdoor fete.
• The Casually Beautiful Party: White tablecloths, gorgeous dahlias and peonies, but all barefoot. Found on Once Wed.
• Max Wanger is a popular wedding photographer (and all around awesome photographer) from right here in LA. Love the wedding he captured out in the open with strings of lights and a casual vibe.
• Cherie From Scout Holiday styled a fabulous wedding with flags, festive confetti, jars of flowers and a photo booth. I would scale it down and haveone long table, some flowers and vases and as many lights as I could dangle.
• The Perfect Picnic we found on Cup of Jo from guest blogger Kate. Would love to invite people over for a casual picnic under the shade of our magnolia tree. Serve sparkling lemonade on a checked blanket and bits of baguette with brie.
• Picnic Dinner Party: Elevates the picnic from the ground up to a picnic table and still feels festive and casual, but somehow, with all the twinkling lights, magical. Photographer Tec Petaja shot these images and I found them on Oh Happy Day.