There are many classic toys I remember from my childhood, and all of them were made out of plastic. Lately, though, we've been seeing wooden versions of originally plastic toys cropping up, and we think they're pretty cool. Here we've rounded up 5 of our favorites.
• Wooden Boggle from Funny Farm Toy Barn: Maybe it's just that I'm obsessed with Scramble with Friends these days, but I love this cool wooden Boggle set.
• Wooden Tea Set from Plan Toys: I had a plastic tea set as a girl, and the fancy pants among us had porcelain ones. But while porcelain can break and plastic is, well, plastic, a wooden tea set makes for a beautiful and sturdy design.
• Wooden Rubik's Cube from Rubik's: Kick it back to the 80s with a 30th anniversary wooden Rubik's Cube. Yes, the inside is plastic in order to make turning it easier, and yes, it comes with a plastic stand, but the faces are all wood! The stickers are even translucent to allow the wood grain to show through, and one side is naked wood.
• Rocky Color Cone from Holgate Toys: This toy was probably originally all wooden, but all the versions I knew as a child were that plastic. You know what I'm talking about. So investing in a wood version is taking it back to its roots.
• Spiral Drawing Toy from Rocking Frog: Who didn't have Spirograph as a kid? Rocking Frog on Etsy has made their own wooden version out of bamboo. It's sized to the exact dimensions of a piece of notebook paper so you don't have to fiddle with those traditional small parts.
Do you have any unusual wooden toys, or traditionally plastic pieces now made out of wood? Share them in the comments!
(Images: as linked above)