I have to admit, I'm bored with my space. I love our condo for sure, but my experience with moving so frequently as a child has made seven years in one spot feel stale. Obviously, it's not always a possibility to just pick up and move, so if you're like me and feeling anxious to pack your suitcase, here are a few tips that might help you refresh your space and yourself.
1. Decorate seasonally. Not just for Christmas! Change throw pillow covers out, add seasonal accents and make your space feel brand new every three months!
2. Rearrange. This is my favorite thing to do, but be warned — you need some trial and error time. Nothing makes a space feel rejuvenated like mixing up the furniture. Plus, it's a great time to get some well-need vacuuming done under fixtures!
3. Replace one piece of furniture. We recently swapped out our coffee table for a newer version, and it opened the space like magic! Donate or sell the piece you're ready to part with and find a good deal to replace it with! Replacing area rugs is one of the most effective ways to change an entire room.
4. De-junk. Pull out all of those books you're never going to read, all of those CDs that are almost useless nowadays, any clothing you're ready to part with, and donate or sell it all! It will definitely make you feel refreshed to get rid of things you no longer want or need.
5. And when in doubt, clean it up. A clean house is a peaceful house, so if that's all you've got time for — go for it. Put a bowl of beautiful fruit or fresh flowers on your dining room table and call it a day.
(Image credits: Alexis Buryk)