Have you ever come across a room that literally takes you aback and you say to yourself quietly (like if anyone hears your wish won't come true), "I want to live there!" We had a moment earlier this week when we came across the home tour of Dale and Adam in NYC and their entertainment area is just stunning. Here's 5 reasons why we love it so!
Dale and Adam's space in New York feels light, lived in and most all all balanced. Here's our thoughts on what makes this such a great space when it comes to the mix of media and home design.
1. The Color: Although orange is a love it or hate it color, we happen to love it. In combination with the black of the television and the coordinating furniture, it truly makes every piece in the room feel incorporated and well thought out.
2. Hiding In Plain Sight: It's easy to focus on hiding your television away, making covers or doors for it, but what we love more than anything is a home that makes is feel like part of the room without being the focal point in the room. Even though there isn't much on the wall, the color choices for the walls and additional furniture balance out what can easily feel like a large black hole.
3. Accessible Accessories: It doesn't do you any good to hide all of your plug in devices if it means you don't use them. So often we're concerned with hiding it all away that a home doesn't really look lived in. Check out the side view of their entertainment center. There's consoles and *gasp* cords.... and that's perfectly fine! Hiding everything would have felt "too clean."
4. Height: Throughout the rest of the room the artwork in the space is all hung low (check out the full tour here) making the mid century and modern furniture that sits a bit lower to the ground with it's clean lines feel incorporated. The television is also included in that line of sight and everything feels quite harmonious.
5. It's Lived In!: Areas that contain large amounts of media in them can often times feel sterile, but this spaces feels lived in by it's two parents, two babies and a dog! The personality and warmth of the room overpowers the "techy feel" that's all too easy to achieve when your media becomes the focal point.
Check out the full home tour over at Apartment Therapy New York, trust us when we say it's totally worth your time!
Thanks Dale & Adam!
(Image: Jill Slater)