- The smell good, which is one reason for having a tree. Get yourself a natural green wreath instead and you won't miss the seasonal smell at all!
- They can be free. Just ask around at local tree lots. Often, they're more than willing to give away their trimmings, which can be fashioned into a wreath for nothing!
- They can be decorated. Have a small collection of ornaments you want to put to use? Hang them on the wreath! Lights are a bit more of a challenge, but it can be done.
- Less waste. Are we the only ones reminded of corpses when the holidays have passed and trees are laying on every curb? Skip all the waste and go with a smaller, friendlier wreath.
- They're easier to get home. Have you ever tried to lug a tree home on an icy, busy sidewalk? What about up four flights of stairs?
Have you ever substituted a wreath for a tree? What were your reasons? Image: Lindsey Roberts