We'd been contemplating getting rid of our land line permanently after reading this survey a while back, but I just haven't made the leap...yet. However, this morning I got an interesting email entitled, "Five Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do", and frankly, I WAS surprised! Who knew you could unlock your car with your cell phone? Read all five things after the jump...
1. Worldwide Emergency number is 112, so if you find yourself in a pickle and out of your coverage area, dial those three lucky numbers. The phone will search any existing network to establish the emergency number anywhere in the world. Also, it can be dialed even on locked keypads.
2. Locked your keys in the car and the spare is at home or with a friend? Call that person on their cell phone with your cell phone, then hold your phone about a foot from your car door. Have your buddy press the unlock button holding it near the cell phone on their end. Your car will unlock, no matter how far away your buddy is. Beats waiting for AAA...
3. If your cell battery is very low, press *3370# to restart with the reserve. Next time you charge your phone, the reserve will get charged.
4. Got your phone's serial number? If not, key in *#06# to get it. This may come in handy if your phone is ever stolen because you can give this unique serial number to your cell phone provider to disable your phone--even if the SIM card changes.
5. Sick of being charged for 411 directory service calls? If you dial 800 FREE 411 (800-373-3411), you won't incur any charges on your cell.
(Photo from Freerangstock's Flickr)