As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, there are a few things that come to mind that aren't normally addressed in discussions surrounding spring cleaning, but will make a big difference in how refreshed your home looks and feels. Here are a few very easy, often overlooked ideas to kick off spring cleaning in your house in no time at all.
At around 15 minutes (or less!) each, you can get them done on a single Saturday and still have plenty of time left over to get out and enjoy the weather.
1. Give that dog a bath! There is nothing worse than having a clean home and a dirty pet to muck up all of your hard work. And they're better to cuddle with if they smell good.
2. Clean out your freezer and make way for freeze pops and other summery treats. If you haven't eaten that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, chances are you never will. Take the time and discard discard discard.
3. Clean out the ashes from your fireplace, and as a finishing touch, why not place a a few candles in the hearth so you can continue to use it for ambiance during warmer months.
4. Take the winter survival kit out of your car. No need for scrapers or tire chains. Replace them with an umbrella and a big, lightweight blanket for impromptu picnics at the park.
5. Clean (or replace) the drip pans on your stove. These get dirty so fast, but with a good scrub using steel wool and Bar Keeper's Friend they can be brought back to new in a jiffy.
What quick spring cleaning tips can you share?
(Image: Tanya Lacourse)