AT will be tackling spring cleaning when the weather gets a little warmer, but in the meantime we have a few simple things you can do for your home to mark the transition from winter to spring...1) Follow the Spring Cure and draw inspiration from people who are working hard to get their homes into shape.
2) Bring some herbs and/or houseplants into your home. We love keeping an herb garden on the porch in spring and summer. Our favorite is the homemade pesto we make from our basil leaves.
3) Change out your curtains. If you've insulated your windows with heavy drapes, replace them with lighter curtains.
4) Rearrange furniture in your home for a new outlook that costs nothing. For tips on rearranging furniture, see this post.
5) Do a little decluttering. Make a sweep of any cluttered surfaces in your home and get rid of what you don't need.
6) Sweep off your porch or deck if you have one and get rid of any dead plants. Start thinking about how you want to use your outdoor space once it warms up a little.
7) Open the windows. Even if it's still chilly outside, opening the windows for just an hour or so creates circulation and improves your home's air quality.
Do you have any other small rites of spring that you do in your home?
Photo: Carl von Linne from Fjorn Scandinavian