We’ve seen a lot of painted IKEA’s VITTSJÖ over the years, but these five projects take it a bit further. Here are five ways to customize the popular metal shelving and tables — beyond just paint.
- Gold leafing is a great way to glam up formerly black metal, and adds more texture than paint. Learn how to get this great finish over at The Hunted Interior.
- Style Me Pretty converted a VITTSJÖ into a bar cart, complete with casters and clear bottom shelf.
- Kate Riley (Centsational Girl) went beyond a fresh coat of paint and outfitted her unit with custom stained wood shelves.
- Greek key details take the shelf up a notch, which made Sanity Fair pretty happy with the results.
- And lastly, Project Palermo totally transformed the coffee tables into a shorter nesting variety, with dip-dyed feet to boot.
(Image credits: The Hunted Interiror; Style Me Pretty; Kate Riley; Sanity Fair; Project Palermo)