Barnes & Noble surprised everyone with the release of the 2nd edition of their popular eReader: the Nook Simple Touch. The touchscreen E ink eBook reader is all screen with no keyboard (unlike its closest competition, the Amazon Kindle). With its all black facade and new smaller size, Barnes & Noble released 60 new covers and cases to go with your new Nook, available now for pre-order. Check out some of the most stylish ones we found, after the jump.
- Icons Cover in Imperial for NOOK 2nd Edition ($29.95) - This imperial cover is printed in European book cloth with a group of icons representing classic novels. The Nook is held in place using a bar-clip mechanism so you don't need straps to hold it in. The inside is lined with white suede and features an embossed Nook logo. After trying to figure out which icons belong to which classic novel, you can take a look at the inside back cover for the key.
- Industriell Band Cover in Pink/Slate for NOOK 2nd Edition ($34.95) - This polyurethane cover has a classic minimalist design, with a contrasting pink silicone band closure over a matte charcoal front. Unlike the previous case on our list, the band that hold the front flap in place also holds the cover open. The lining is suede with the same clip mechanism as the other cases, so the Nook stays heeled in place even when open.
- Neoprene Case in Flamingo for NOOK 2nd Edition ($19.95) - This cute and soft slipcase for the Nook is made of water resistant neoprene, making it great for travel and outdoor protection. It features a smooth-gliding zipper for easy access and an embossed "n" logo on the front. Available in pink, blue and black.
- Madeleine Cover in Aqua for NOOK 2nd Edition ($24.95) - The stylish Madeleine cover looks and feels like a bound book and is covered in European book cloth and lined with a suede material. The thin elastic band adds a fun pop of color but also adds plenty of function so you can keep the cover closed or pull the front flap back for reading. The bar-clip mechanism holds the Nook in place and you can power the device on/off by pushing the "n" logo on the removable paper band.
- Industriell Easel Cover in Carbon ($39.95) - This sleek black cover made of synthetic leather can be propped up by flipping back the front flap and using a hidden magnet, allowing you to turn the cover into a stand. A bar-clip secures your Nook while allowing access to the control buttons and charging port. To power the Nook on/off, you can simply push the "n" logo on the back of the cover.
You can check out the rest of the new covers/cases for the Simple Touch here.