Get those instruments up off the floor! I never thought I'd be the type of person to display a guitar, a banjolin and a ukele on my wall, but now that I've done it I actually think they look quite stylish! Hanging them on the wall keeps them safe from harm and available to play all the time. During my hunt for inexpensive string instrument mounts, I found a handful of gorgeous — mostly handmade — ones that I would love to invest in some day. Take your pick! (Pun intended.)
1. I used the nicest, but most inexpensive mounts I could find. I found these on Sam Ash for $23.99 for a three pack.
2. My absolute favorite: plywood guitar mounts from OneFortyThree, $40 each in a variety of Oak, Walnut, Teak, and Cherry.
3. Hardwood and Aluminum guitar wall hanger, handcrafted in curly maple, cherry or walnut. From Stuart Mono on Custom Made. $90-$110.
4. Another handcrafted piece, available on Etsy: JonWoodworking's Rosewood Guitar Mount, $55.
5. This one comes in two sizes: guitar and ukelele. The Kala Reclaimed Wood Wall Hook from Sweetwater, $21.99-$23.99.
(Image credits: Andie Powers; One Forty Three; Custom Made; Jon Woodworking; Sweetwater)