Now that the holidays are behind us and the entertaining season is near a close (if you believe there is such a thing) there's a few things you can pick up in the world of retail to give yourself a hand up next year. Make sure to be on the lookout for sales on these 5 items!
1. Tableware: Although most don't have the budget to pick up service for 20, if you pick things up bit by bit, year after year, it will be a little easier. Most tableware (glasses, silverware, dishes) will be going on sale in the next few months as new designs start to hit the shelves. Act quick and you can score some real finds! If you don't plan on entertaining until next year, keep them in the same boxes their shipped in to keep them safe and sound. If you're into disposables, watch for those too and pack them up with your holiday decor for later!
2. Platters & Servingware: When you head to your parents or grandparents home there seems to be this magical supply of platters and serving trays that just keeps coming from the cabinets. For most of us, we acquire them when you get married or pick up one or two here and there, but post-holiday sales can score you some serious discounts and you might find yourself dragging home two or three in one trip!
3. Linens: Although you'll find linens on sale throughout different times during the year, more often than not they'll be at the largest discount right now. Look for neutrals and metallics that will allow you to use them year round and keep things pretty without screaming SANTA at everyone who attends your dinner party in April. Don't forget about napkins, we promise you can never have too many.
4. Guest Bedroom Accents: Even though it's probably a little early to pick up spare mints for your guest's pillows, it is a good time to be on the look out for extra bed linens, small trays that could hold personal items and even their own cozy slippers or bathrobe!
5. Centerpiece Items: If you head to your local craft store you are sure to find large clearance pieces of glassware, bowls and vases. While you're there check for sparkly sprigs or sticks that could be used in combination with fresh flowers or plants.
What are you always in need of but hate to buy at the last minute? Let us know in the comments below!