1. Linens: Right after Christmas there's a large rush at many major stores to clearance out linens. Remember that sheets and pillow cases can be used for more than just making the bed. Pick up a few for curtains or even tearing up to make rag rugs if the price is right!
2. Art Supplies: You can find all sorts of holiday craft supplies that can be used later on during the year. They're clearance now, but will you care later on (say Valentines Day) that your red glitter was once intended for a Santa instead of a Cupid?
3. Memory/Scrap Books & Frames: The stores flood with all sorts of supplies to make photographic gifts over the holidays, but right after, they take a deep dive in price. Don't be afraid to spray paint something that's a little too holiday-tastic to make it Spring fresh and fabulous!
4. Unfinished Wood & Molded Paper: You know the aisle I'm talking about. Every craft store has one. Check for unfinished wood medallions, furniture and even boxes made from pressed paper. They all go on clearance and can be decorated like anything you want, whenever you want!
5. Baking Supplies: When it's your turn to bake cupcakes for the entire class, it's usually not a huge problem, but knowing you have a well stocked arsenal of cake mixes, sprinkles and add ons can be a huge incentive to not freak out and let your kids lend a hand instead of running by the grocery store.
What do you stock up on at the end of each year? Let us know in the comments below!