Relocation incites a lot of list making; organization is a key factor in making sure a move moves along smoothly! Here are 5 things you should keep in mind when you have lugged the final boxes into your brand new place.
1. Hopefully all those boxes were labeled so you can easily place them in the appropriate room for the grand unpacking. Many people suggest starting with the essentials and then moving right along to setting up the bed. Your body will thank you later!
2. If you are an apartment dweller, closely check your new space for any preexisting damage and take note to inform your landlords. Also take note of any required fixes
—a faulty cupboard door, problematic shower head—the kinds of things you might not have caught on the walk-through before calling the place home.
3. Wipe down the space. Hopefully your new dwelling is spic n' span, but there is a good chance that the tops of door frames, ceiling fans, and other out of the way places have been overlooked. It is best to clean those now before all your belongings find a home and make those areas hard to access.
4. Confirm appointments with all utilities that are set to show up and make sure they have the correct contact info!
5. Test your speaker volume. Turn up your tunes and duck into a hallway to see how the sound travels. This is also a good opportunity to meet the neighbors and show your considerate side, ask them what is "too loud" and arrange for mutual noise curfews.