Each year as the tree comes down and the lights get wound up, we try to cram a ridiculous amount of holiday decor back in our storage tubs, totes and boxes. Instead of paying top dollar next year, try hitting the clearance sales for a few items you know you'll need 12 months from now!
1. Ornament Hooks: Unless you have a tree made of Post-It Notes, there's a good chance you'll need a few for next year. Even if all your ornaments had them this year, somehow when they come out of the box next year a few end up missing.
2. Candles: Although our least favorite store to walk by at the mall (why is that word so…dirty?) is the lotion hut, that doesn't mean you can't hold your breath and run in to pick up a super clearance pine, cranberry or pumpkin candle for next year. Then when you unpack, you'll have a new one waiting to start the holiday season off with great smells. Look for soy candles to leave less soot in your snoot!
3. Wrapping Supplies: The last time I purchased gift wrap, boxes, bags or tissue paper for a birthday or holiday was back before I could drive a car. Now I keep a stash year round for any occasion. Look for neutral papers, solid colors or metallics to make them work for any event throughout the year.
4. Sticks, Twigs & Sprigs: Each year there's all sorts of sparkly things at the craft store that are intended to be used in wreaths, table decor and more. There aren't many that can justify spending $7 per sprig of sparkle berries, so pick them up for less than a buck, just remember to wrap them in their own sheet of tissue paper or zip top bag to keep them safe from bumps and scrapes.
5. Lights: Have you seen how much they get for strings of LED lights at the store during the holiday season? This year we saw lights upwards of $30 a strand and even the shorter versions were still around $14 on sale! We've seen them clearance for $3 and now's a great time to go green if you happen upon them!
What do you stock up on each year? Let us know in the comments below!