It's a new season and along with that comes a list of things that need to be done before winter sets in. Although most of them have to do with winterizing, it's still a great time to take a few seconds and freshen up a few of your tech related items inside the home. A little Fall house keeping if you will.
1. Vinegar Rinses: Now is a great time to run a load of vinegar through your dishwasher and washing machine without anything in them. They're so heavily used it's hard to remember, so try to run them overnight, one night this week with 1 cup of white vinegar for each and run a cycle as usual.
2. Check Your Batteries: Start with your smoke alarms and then your remote controls — even try your garage door opener or clocks. Even though they always say to do it with the occurrence of daylight savings time, we always end up forgetting since we're usually too tired from "Springing forward", or still sleeping in since we stayed up late knowing we had an hour to "Fall Back" on!
3. Clean Out Your Cell Phone: The idea of forwarding on important texts, conversations, phone numbers or photos from your phone seems easy, after all, it's only the push of a few buttons, but it can be hard to actually follow through! Take an hour and save off your cool photos (or upload them directly to Flickr or Facebook) and delete out all the junk. Do the same with texts and make any changes or updates to your contact list that you've been meaning to make.
4. Inbox Clean Up: Plan on taking a few hours to sit down and sort out your inbox. Even if it feels like it's in tip top shape, there's always a few things that can be done. Add new files sort organization. Tag important emails with keywords to find them later on the go. Color code, delete drafts and make sure you've emailed everyone back that's awaiting word from you!
5. Prepare For Holiday Memory Card Rush: With the start of the holiday season comes a sea of digital photos and video. Try starting a few file folders now to help you stay better organized for the rush of media that's about to come your way. Having folders on your desktop already labeled and ready to go means you can clear off your memory card in a flash and drop them into the right place without taking extra time when it's usually the shortest (like when you were supposed to leave 5 minutes ago for that Halloween party and your wife used up all the memory card space taking photos of your drooling child in leaves). Or just simply pick up a few extra cards and label them accordingly with their holiday.
Do you have a suggestion of something that should be done once a season or in preparation for the months ahead? Add to our list in the comments below!