Now that you know 14 Home Hacks for Your Dishwasher, your helpful appliance might be working overtime. Do you know how to keep it in it's best shape? For starters, read the manual! Then heed these tips to keep your dishwasher—and your stuff—clean and working.
Your Pac Man cutting board is going to swell and crack in the dishwasher. The same goes for wooden spoons or chopsticks.
Detergent can do damage to fine knives, causing scratches and nicks that dull the blade. Leaving sharp knives to rattle around in the dishwasher is likely to scratch up the dishwasher rack itself.
3. Delicate Glass & Crystal
Fine glass (like anything that's hand-blown) is super sensitive to heat. Either run them on a non-heat cycle or, better yet, hand wash your fine crystal to be safe.
4. Pots & Pans
Anything that's coated or enameled should stay out of the dishwasher. If you want your bake ware to stay non-stick, wash it by hand. Similarly, cast iron pans will lose their precious seasoning.
5. Anything with Gold Trim
We've made this mistake before. Any plates, bowls or cups with gold trim need to be hand washed. The harsh detergent and strong water pressure can remove the delicate trim.
MORE DISHWASHER TIPS:
- 14 Home Hacks for Your Dishwasher
- Clean Your Dishwasher Easily with Kool-Aid
- Fancying Up Your Dishwasher With Cabinet Fronts
- Dishwasher Hides Behind Recycled Shipping Crates
- Look: Dishwasher and Fridge Under the Stairs
- Green Ideas: Using Counter Top Dishwashers
- Mini Countertop Dishwashers for Renters