2. Choose a palette of soothing earth tones. When you think of a spa inspired bath, often what comes to mind is white on white. Natures inspired tones have a similar calming effect but are easier to keep looking clean and help you steer clear of an environment that feels too sterile. Blues, greens and sandy tones are usually a good bet.
3. Buy quality when it comes to your towels, bathmat and robe. Good quality sheets are often touted as life changing. Likewise, soft fluffy towels and robes and are a worthwhile investment and lend an air of luxury to the bathroom.
4. Make small upgrades where you can. A rain showerhead is affordable and simple to install, and adding vanity lighting or replacing a too small mirror are small changes that can make a big difference.
5. Add niceties. Bring in scented candles, add flowers or a bundle of eucalyptus, and leave some reading material. Small touches are what make the space feel inviting and encourage you to relax for a while.
6. Get rid of labels. Another way to reduce visual noise is to transfer products you leave out into clear jars and bottles. The added bonus of this is that you can save money by buying in bulk and refilling them as needed.