When it comes to the bedroom, there's little more important than creating a space where you can totally relax and unwind, end and begin the day. It’s a part of a healthy outlook (and helps with sanity, too). One way to ensure a good night’s sleep? Keep that bedside clean and organized with these five tips.
Here are our favorite tips to start and end the day just right. Feel free to expand on them or add your own!
1. Eliminate stuff on the floor. Yesterday’s worn blue jeans aren’t just an eyesore, they’re a tripping hazard in a dark room. Pick up your shoes, clothes, and magazines, and keep the pathway to your side of the bed nice and clean.
2. Now kick it up a notch and eliminate anything that’s not necessary from your bedside table. Keep it simple and stick to the essentials. That will help you with number three:
3. Create a calming, inspired space. Once you've narrowed down to your essentials, arrange them in a way that makes you happy. Maybe set an all-natural soy candle on your side table, along with some before-bed reading. Anything that's not essential to the tablescape? It's gotta go.
4. Before calling it quits on the organizing, be sure to clean out the drawers (this is our biggest downfall, for sure). Donate any clothes that don't fit, recycle your old magazines, and get rid of any trash that may have accumulated.
5. Maintain. Make the bed every morning, put things back in their place, and keep a sense of order. The more relaxing this small area is, the better. It will help you sleep more soundly and wake more ready for the day ahead.
• Green Style: Chairs as Nightstands
• Green Style: Ladder as Bedside Table
• Bedside Water Bottle and Glass from Gaiam
Image: Apartment Therapy/With Grace & Lace