As the holidays near I like to get a head start on decor ideas for upcoming parties and dinners. Here I've rounded up 5 tips and tricks for getting your table setting just right while adding a little pizazz and style.
1. Place Setting Etiquette: the perfect map for the traditional place setting, from The Tasty Design.
2. Polish Your Silverware, Naturally: these DIY tutorials from The Daily Green will help you clean your silver and copper ware with ketchup, toothpaste and baking soda.
3. DIY Tablecloths: try using cheesecloth, an ombre dyed tablecloth or sewn scalloped oilcloth.
4. Add a Pop of Color: try adding neon napkins or a table runner, rusty oranges for fall, or any color complimenting your dining area.
5. Floral Arrangements and Natural Materials: consider accenting your tableware with succulents, pebbles and rocks, single flowers in vases, or pumpkins and gourds.
(Images: 1. Julie Renee Phelan via The Tasty Design 2. Mel Curtis via The Daily Green 3. Sunday Suppers 4. Design Sponge 5. Style Me Pretty)