For most of us, vacuuming the house is a chore we dread, maybe even avoid. So it behooves you to do it well and do it right, so you won't have to do it nearly as often. Here are our 5 tips to better vacuuming in your home.
- Replace your filter regularly! Not only does it help your vacuum suck better, but it also ensures that you are capturing all of the grime you want off of your floors and out of your home.
- Use Arm and Hammer vacuum powder to remove stains and keep your home smelling fresh. This simple powder does wonders to remove pet hair and other grime from your house in addition to leaving your carpet feeling soft and new.
- Turn your fan on in your HVAC to help remove any material you kick up into the air and make your lungs happier.
- Strangely our vacuum and many others we have used tend to fling debris backwards instead of sucking them up when we use our upright on hard floors. If you suffer from this break out your wand attachment and suck up everything up that way. While tedious at least you are getting all of the dirt and grime that otherwise was flung against your legs.
- While the vacuum is a miracle worker in the home sometimes, a dustpan and a broom are more effective at moving debris to where they can be removed. We sometimes sweep things like cat litter into a pile to make it easier to suck up. Even if you compulsively clean like we do, this tip can save your times and keep your house grime free.
Your pets appreciate cleanliness and only are as clean as you...No one wants dirty pets.
VACUUM MUST... NEVER buy a vaccum without a HEPA filter.
Share any other tips you have below in the comments.