Jessie's Vintage Modern Bungalow? We love it. Warm, colorful, personable, it's a home that feels loved and lived in. A few trends that we had thought might be getting a little "tired" looked fresh again when seen in her space, and made us remember some other trends we still like.
- Wall Decals: Say what you might, we still think that wall decals a great way for a renter (especially one whose landlord will not budge from white) to personalize a space or add a bit of whimsy. We love the feather Jessie has in her bedroom.
- Suzanis: We liked them before they became popular and we've continued to like them as their popularity has hit the mainstream. Their bright colorful patterns add a cozy sizzle to a room whether used as a blanket or to reupholster a chair or couch and they pair well with most patterns.
- Chalkboard Walls: Especially with the trend towards dark rooms, we're still a fan of chalkboard paints. We're particularly fond of using them in the kitchen and pairing them with white cabinets.
- Cowhide and Leopard Skin Patterned Rugs: These rugs are classics whose popularity ebbs and flows. They anchored the Hollywood Regency look but they look just as good with mid-century and modern furniture.
- Gray Paint: It's cool in the bedroom and sophisticated in the living room. Dark or light, it works with wood and with metals, both gold and silver. Darker grays look especially great when paired with bright accessories.