The look of the kitchen is changing -- already granite countertops and dark wood cabinets are starting to look a little late 90s. If you're thinking of renovating or building a house (or just like looking!), here are five of the top trends for modern kitchens. And the best part? Some of these are things you can do right now, without spending much money at all.
1. A butcher block countertop lends warmth to a Scandinavian kitchen. From Bonytt via From Scandinavia with Love.
2. White and wood and black is an intriguing combo. I spy IKEA cabinets. From Desire to Inspire.
3. It's the reverse of what you usually see, but wood cabinets with a white countertop work equally well. And is that...a laminate countertop? could it be making a comeback? From Klikk via Planete Deco.
4. How about white cabinets and wood cabinets together? Contrast is good. Ashley Capp via Desire to Inspire.
5. White and wood in a rustic kitchen from Miss Design.
→ Renovation Inspiration: 12 Beautiful Wood and White Marble Kitchens
1. Subway tile in a Scandinavian kitchen from Stadshem via Design Attractor.
2. With dark grout, from The Hope Mousehole.
3. White subway tiles set off glossy dark cabinets to perfection in this kitchen from Matchbook.
4. Square white tiles with dark grout are a modern counterpoint to marble in this London kitchen from Charles Mellersh.
5. Square white tiles, with a lively little niche, from Lev & Bo.
→ More subway tile inspiration: 10 Surprising Uses of Subway Tile in the Kitchen