There are more and more people choosing to ride their bikes to work and using bikes as their main way of getting around. While your bike might not have all the ports that you have in your car, there are still plenty of accessories you can take with you on your daily commute to make life easier.
1. iBikeConsole BikeCharge Dynamo: We all know that tech devices are power hungry, but that doesn't mean that you can't charge yours up while you're on your bike. This dynamo is weatherproof and 20% lighter than other systems of this kind. It has a quick-release clutch, allowing you to disengage it when you don't need the extra power. There's also a front LED light and two rear LED lights, which will stay illuminated up to two hours after you stop using the dynamo.
2. Smartphone Mount: While it's not recommended that you use your smartphone while you're biking, many cyclists tend to lug their phones around while they are out and about. Who needs a dedicated hardware GPS when you can just get the right app for the job. BikeConsole offers a few different mounts for different manufacturers.
3. Hövding Inflatable Protection Collar: This isn't a bicycle helmet per se, but it's supposed to work like one. It's definitely more fashionable than any bike helmet I've ever seen, but I'd be dubious going on a bike without a helmet since I've crashed before at high speeds, and my helmet did its job well. The scarf packs an accelerometer and an airbag. It will deploy to save your head from injury.
4. DynoLight Bike Light from Light On!: There are plenty of lighting systems out there, but in my experience, it's better to have really bright and powerful lights than have something that is too dim. This DynoLight has 450 lumens, and is compact. It's a bit pricey, but it can be powered by a dynamo or a battery.
5. Bontrager Pro Double Throw Pannier: These panniers are designed to keep well clear of your heels, which is a definite must if you are on your bike a lot. These panniers are very sleek, and have an aero profile, perfect for the daily commuter who needs to carry his or her laptop.
(Images: Top: Faraday Bikes; All others: As credited above.)