As we mentioned in our post on great DIY flash photography projects, we are always on the lookout for DIY projects that will add photography equipment to our kit that is easy on the budget. In this roundup we take a look at some photography DIY projects that run the gamut from a time lapse timer to a homemade 35mm camera.
DIY Photography Fun:
1) 5 Minute Camera Foot Switch: This Instructables by Randy Sarafan show you how to make a foot switch for your camera in less than 5 minutes.
2) Lightning Trigger: This project from Instructables user Vitya shows you how to make an inexpensive trigger for photographing all those awesome lighting strikes during Summer storms.
3) DIY Gorillapod Inspired Tripod: Love the look of the Gorillapod but cannot afford it? Follow Instructables user Matt3hw's instructions and make your own.
4) Homemade 35mm Camera: Instructables user Seerixprojex shows you how to take the pinhole camera concept to 11 with the instructions to make your own 35mm camera (a great use for that 35mm film you still have around the house).
5) One Button Time Lapse Camera Timer: Build your own one button time lapse camera switch from scavenged parts to maximize your savings by following Instructables user Simplicio's instructions.
Other Photography related topics from the Unplggd archives:
What's the most useful photography DIY project you've spotted or used?
(Lead Image: Flickr member Naixn licensed for use under Creative Commons)