Last week over at The Kitchn, Emma Christensen gave us a great review of this bite sized brownie pan. Although we're unsure it would keep us from eating as many pieces, it does have a few great uses when it comes to kids...
1. Freezing Homemade Baby Food - Ice cube trays can be messy and hard to pop out certain snacks, but this soft sided pan should eliminate any stuck pieces and be a breeze to clean.
2. Mini Chalk Molds - Sidewalk chalk sticks are easy to break, even for larger adult hands. Make your own smaller ones with this pan and they'll be the perfect size for little fingers!
3. Making Crayons - Making crayons from broken bits and pieces isn't a new craft, but it can be made easier with a silicon pan, allowing you to pop them right out when solidified.
4. Mini Popsicles - Use a popsicle stick or toothpick for older kids and you have a great way to make easily removable snacks. Try it with your favorite sweet treat recipe or just blended fruit!
5. Sorting - The act of sorting is one that is greatly underrated when it comes to kids. Need 15 minutes to take a shower (or heaven forbid just go to the bathroom) in peace? A bag of miscellaneous items and a pan to sort them in and you've just bought yourself 15-30 minutes of spare time!
You can find this pan over at Amazon for $9.99.