We have an IKEA Bekvam step stool that we've used in several places around our house, including the kitchen and even the bedroom, where it acted as a temporary bedside table for a little while...
On Apartment Therapy and across the web, we've seen several other creative ways to use these household staples. Here are a few:
- 1 The Shakers used step stools as multi-purpose pieces in almost every room.
- 2 Mari uses step ladders as plant stands on the back porch.
- 3 Stylemonger suggests using a step ladder as a bookshelf.
- 4 The IKEA Bekvam step stool makes a great child's seat or desk set.
- 5 HGTV shows you how to make a side table from a step ladder.