Who else is tired of winter? I sure am, and waking up this morning to no gas, which also means no heat, definitely urged that feeling along. Sitting here, I had to think of ways to cheer up, so this is what I'll do to beat these winter blues!5 Ways to Beat the Winter Blues:
- Plan a Party: I know April is two months away, but planning an early spring get together, just as the jonquils and tulips bloom sounds like a great plan. By then the snow will have melted and we may even be able to enjoy our outdoor space again.
- Clean Out the Kitchen Pantry: Did you have guests over the holidays? If so, you probably purchased items not normally on your list or you have leftovers you surely don't want. Get an early start on spring cleaning: Take an inventory of your pantry items, noting expiration dates, and discard items you won't consume or wouldn't serve unless it's the holidays.
- Make a Craft: Getting lost in a craft for a few hours is a great way to inspire yourself. With Valentines coming-up, make your special someone a handmade love note. Grab your scissors, recycled paper, and crayons and get to work!
- Paint a Room: Cheer-up your dining or bedroom with a fresh coat of paint. Here are a few rooms we've found inspirational: Design Inspiration: Beautifully Painted Dining Rooms; Design Inspiration: Five Beautifully Painted Foyers.
- Plan a Vacation: Even if you can't take time off for a few months or don't have the resources to get you to somewhere warm, just planning and dreaming of ways to spend time off is a great luxury.