Long, narrow hallways can be difficult to deal with. They might seem too skinny to be functional, but with the right treatment they can be transformed from a neglected space into a healthy hall that sets the tone for the rest of your home.
- 1) Wallpaper and Lighting: This hallway from the Altstadt Vienna makes a statement with wallpaper, a long runner, and a series of coordinating pendant lamps.
- 2) Artwork: One way to make the most of a hallway is to convert it into a gallery for artwork and family photos.
- 3) Shelving: If your hallway is wide enough, you can line it with shelving for book storage.
- 4) Colorful Details: A wood-paneled hallway from Country Living is accented with blue interior shutters and small Oriental rugs.
- 5) A Bright Rug: This white hallway is clean and simple, and a striped rug gives it some kick.
• 4 Inspiring Ways to Decorate a Hallway
• Hallway Storage Options
• Recipe for a Happy Hallway
Photos: Altstadt Vienna, Martha Stewart, Attic Mag, Country Living, Attic Mag