For some people being organized seems to come naturally. For others, being organized is a constant battle against our inner slobs. Here are 5 tips for helping you feel more organized, even if you're not.
1. Keep a calendar. Whether it's on your phone or the old fashioned way, seeing the days of your life laid out on a grid can be very helpful.
2. Make your bed in the morning. The simple act of making my bed helps me feel so put together. It also keeps me from collapsing back into it during these short, dark days of winter.
3. Surround yourself with clean surfaces at home. Tabletops, bookshelves, kitchen counters — seeing a clean landscape as you look around your home will help you feel like you're organized.
4. Keep a running to-do list in a prominent place. I keep my to-do list on the chalkboard wall in the kitchen. This is especially helpful because I can't walk through the kitchen without seeing my list and being reminded of the things I need to do.
5. Out with the junk! Junk mail, catalogs, old phone books – if you don't need it get rid of it immediately. Take junk mail directly to the recycling bin instead of dropping it on a table. Stop delivery of catalogs you don't want or need. Do whatever it takes to keep the junk from collecting in the first place.