With fall approaching, here in Minnesota that sadly means closing up the house is just around the corner. While appreciate a warm home, I don't appreciate the smell of a closed up home that comes with the season. Find 5 ways I battle the winter to make my house smell like summer all year long and share yours after the jump.
1. Deep clean more often. You just can get around it. The winter requires deep cleaning more often in order to get rid of the odors that tend to accumulate.
2. Use baking soda as a carpet refresher. Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet before you vacuum, let it sit for about ten minutes, then vacuum it back up. This will remove odors that tend to get stuck in the fibers.
3. Decorate with fresh evergreen branches. Not only are they lovely, they smell fresh and clean.
4. Take your garbage and recycling out daily.
5. Clean out your garbage disposal weekly. Running the disposal with baking soda and vinegar once a week can turn your sink from stinky to sweet.
What are your tips for a great smelling home year round?
(Image: Gayla Trail for Re-Nest)