4. Use Industrial Rods: When using dropcloths for curtains, regular curtain rods just look lame. They feel small and inexpensive. If you're using industrial materials, use industrial hardware to complete the look. Hit up the pipe aisle and have a few pieces cut to fit!
5. Don't Sew If You Don't Want To: If you're not into sewing, don't. Sheets are thin and dropcloths are bulky. Either can go wrong easily at the hands of a novice sewer. Instead, turn to cafe clips to hang your curtains for a pro look without any hassle. Iron on tape can help with bottom hems as well!
Overall the most important thing to remember is that you have created something new, so think of them that way. When you just think of them as a placeholder you'll never be satisfied with your work. Be proud and make them exactly what you want them to be!
MORE DIY CURTAINS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• How To Hang 30' Of Curtains For $40
• Make Your Own Curtains: Easy Instructions from Across the Web
• How To: Make Your Own Panel Curtains in Less than Four Hours!
(Image: Sarah Rae Trover)