1. Vaseline: For years this has been the standby of High School theater students across the country. You should have a jar anyway from coating your exposed surfaces of your pumpkin (it helps it not shrivel up), so just reuse it here. Apply and wipe away immediately, no wait time!
2. Baby Wipes: Fold your baby wipe in half length wise and then in half again horizontally (so you have a small square). This will help keep it from tearing and give you a little more oomf when it comes to removing caked on Frankenstein face. It might require a few, but it you're not one for lotions or potions most of us will have baby wipes on hand!
3. Makeup Remover: Even if you don't use makeup remover everyday (most of us are lucky if we actually get to put it on in the first place), we usually have a bottle of it floating around under your bathroom sink. This is a great way to use it up and if you have one that's sensitive on eyes — even better!
4. Baby Oil: Using a cotton ball, dip and swipe the baby oil across your child's face. You'll need to rewash when finished if there's an excessive amount of oil still left, though usually a few clean cotton balls will do the trick.
5. Baby Lotion: Regular adult lotion can work as well, but there's so many different types of lotion out there, we don't have any need to reduce cellulite on our kids faces or likewise leave them with a golden glow (or smelling like cinnamon buns or cucumber melon).
You can also use cold cream but it's not our first choice because it needs to sit on the skin for a minute, plus it's usually pricier than the above options. If you are the plan ahead type, try testing the makeup on your children's arm or even face before they need to be wearing it for Trick-or-Treating or to a party. Although the chance is slim, knowing about an allergy or adverse reaction beforehand is a plus!
Additionally, make sure you lotion the face an hour before you'll be applying the makeup. Having a primed face means dry skin won't be soaking up extra pigment from the paint, making it difficult to remove!