Office cubicles are no design lover's best friend, yet you have little to no control over their appearance. Given the hours spent in these boring boxes, you want them to feel as much like home as possible. Here are five quick fixes for your workspace:
1. Make your office work for you, and move stuff around until you are most comfortable. Hannah (in the image above) raised up her monitor with the help of some thrifted design books.
2. Surround yourself with things you love: plants, photographs, books, and fun accessories. Taylor Tomasi Hill’s office at Marie Claire is stuffed with shoes and accessories.
3. Use contact paper, washi tape or any other temporary solution you can think of to decorate what you hate, but can't get rid of. Tatertots & Jello battled the beige beast, a.k.a., her filing cabinet, with woodgrain tape.
4. Bring in your own lighting, and spare yourself the harshness of fluorescents. Empirella added this chrome table lamp when she spruced up her office space.
5. Add some color however you can. Cubicles are notoriously frumpy and a fun shade does wonders to counteract the bland. Twinkle and Twine tacked fabric to the bulletin board above her desk to make it bright and cheerful.
Do any of these give you hope?