Since the recent announcement of price hike and split of the company, Netflix has stumbled a little, with the loss of the agreement with Starz to the recent hit on the number of subscribers and its stock. You might be thinking about canceling your Netflix too. Let us help you wean you off of your Netflix addiction with these cost-friendly options.
1. Crackle. Backed by Sony Pictures, Crackle is like Netflix except completely free! With Sony's large library of movies as well as television. This is probably the best and most cost effective solution to your Netflix addiction with the added bonus of original programming!
2. Amazon Instant Video. With a wide selection of videos free for Amazon Prime members, and many more updated selection in true Amazon discount style, it's definitely one of the better deal on the web. The only down side is that they lack mobile apps and without a compatible TV, you will be restricted to the screen of your computer.
3. Hulu Plus. If TV programming is your thing, than Hulu Plus is your best bet. With the most updated and best selection of TV programming online, you will be able to access all your favorite shows all the time. And with mobile apps on a wide range of devices, you will probably be able to get it on your TV.
4. Mobile apps from your cable provider. It took some time, but it seems like the cable providers are starting to get it. They finally understood what we like is not rushing home for our favorite programming, but having our favorite programing on the go. Many major cable providers, such as Comcast and Time Warner, have dedicated iPad apps that allow current subscribers to watch streaming programming as well as controlling their DVR on the go.
5. Read a book. Because really, at this point we've exhausted all the legal options to replace your Netflix. And you shouldn't be watching that much TV anyway.