3. As Lighting: Like the look of pendants but don't want to anchor them into the ceiling? Use a coat rack to hang them from (even multiples!) and make your own lighting display. Change it up as you see fit and keep things fresh and well lit!
4. Holiday Card Holder: The season is almost here where our mailboxes flood with holiday cards. Sure, you can string them across your mantle, but for an easier alternative, just tie strings to each peg and clip cards on with clothes pins. It's a snap to remove and the wind won't knock them over. Use the same idea to hang ornaments if you are in short need for a tree this season!
5. Plastic Bag Dryer: Although you probably won't be purchasing a coat rack strictly for the use of drying plastic bags, if you happen to have one, they make for an easy way without rigging a smaller set up on your countertop. Just rinse them out and hang them up and you're good to go!
Need a few coat rack suggestions? Check out these past posts:
• Top 10 Modern Free Standing Coat Racks
• Roundup: Salvaged Style Coat Racks and Hooks
• How To: Make a Driftwood Rack
• How To: Tony's Salvaged Wood Coat Rack