Spare chairs can be cheap to come by, and they're helpful when you need extra seating for a dinner party. The only problem is figuring out what to do with them when they're not being put to use...
Here are a few ideas:
• 1 Use an extra chair as a stand-in for a bedside table.
• 2 In an entryway, a spare chair can catch your bag.
• 3 In a guest room, a chair can hold blankets, pillows, or towels.
• 4 Give a potted plant some height, or transform the chair itself into a planter.
• 5 If you're lacking shelf space, stack your extra novels on a side chair.
Other ideas? Let us know in the comments below.