April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. So, to piggyback on yesterday's post on rain gutters, here's a way to gussy them up with a rain chain instead of a downspout. Rain chains are called 'kusari doi' in Japanese and have been used for hundreds of years to deposit rain water into barrels for later household use. From traditional to modern, I've found 5 unique rain chains that are sure to brighten any wet, gloomy day.
1. Colorful Ceramic Rain Chain - $80.00 by Joan63 on Etsy. Can be made in custom lengths of 5 cones or more.
2. Amazing Rain Chain - Custom Order from Coast Chimes. Made of blue glass, copper and driftwood by designer Tim Cline.
3. Hand-Hammered Copper Rain Chain - $13.95/foot by Cobre. Made in Portland, Oregon, these high quality rain chains have a lifetime guarantee.
4. Solid Copper Swirl Rain Chain - $115.00 by TwistsOnWire on Etsy. Handcrafted in Hanford, California.
5. Arts and Crafts Rain Chain - $160.00 by Green and More. Handcrafted out of recycled copper and all manufacturing waste is recycled.
(Images: as linked above)