It's easy to get caught up in feeling the need to redesign your entire living space. Click through the jump to see 50 ways to give your rooms a mini-makeover to keep the ants in your pants at bay.
Sometimes all we need is a little sprucing up to give our spaces a fresh breath of new life. Here are some of the favorites we found from this long list of ideas.
- #34. Paint the ceiling in one room a sky blue, just for a change. "It finishes any room when you paint the ceiling [a color]," Karpa says.
- #35. Take pages from a botanical book and mat and frame four to 12 of them. Arrange them to form a rectangle, taking the place of a large piece of art.
- #13. Replace a tired print with new art to spark conversation. Try putting a large piece in a small space (such as a powder room) for drama.
- #17. Install a dimmer switch to add romantic atmosphere to a room (or replace too-bright bulbs with lower wattages or tinted bulbs).
- #3. Bring nature inside. Gather fruit, pine cones, beach glass, moss balls or stones and pile them in bowls.
- #5. Take everything off your bookshelves or fireplace mantel and put only half back. "The biggest thing is editing," says Heidi Karpa, a Chicago interior designer who works with HGTV.
You can read the rest of the tips over here.
Photo by heimdalsgata via Flickr.