- Locavore: Want to create a menu using local goods? This app will automatically detect which state you’re in and lists what foods are in season in your area, where the closest farmer's markets are, and links to Epicurious recipes that use the local ingredients you're interested in.
- Michael Ruhlman's Ratio: We admit it. We're especially bad at recalculating ingredient amounts when tweaking a recipe. Luckily this calculator figures out how much more or less you need when customizing a recipe to serve as many as you need.
- Smart Chef Substitutions: Run out of an ingredient mid cooking? Don't run to the grocery store just yet. This app helps you find an alternative you have at home to substitute in. Or if you're bored of making the same recipe, this app will suggest ways to spice it up to make it new again.
- Fromage: Ever gone to your local cheese shop and felt a bit dim about the selection. Avoid buying cheeses you may not enjoy by referencing this iPhone app, which details the flavors and pairings of 650 different cheeses. You can even rate tastes you've tried, so you remember which ones were a hit and which were a miss.
- CookWell: A cooking class for $2.50?! Yup. This app teaches you everything from preparing the kitchen and planning ahead to what essentials you need in the kitchen. Also includes a 7-Day meal plan, daily assignments, and kitchen tips.
- Don't Eat That: Ever looked at the ingredients label on a package and wondered what one or more ingredients mean? What is Polysorbate 60 anyway? This app helps decipher what ingredient labels mean and, further, lets you know what ingredients to avoid like Polysorbate 60, one of the many frightening parts of a Twinkie.
More iKitchen Tools
- Using Kensington's Car Mount as a Kitchen Aid
- The DIY Touch Screen Kitchen Computer
- Waterproof Your iPhone for the Kitchen
- Cooking with an iPhone: Is it Worth it?
ATVideo of the Day