It is no secret that we are big fans of LED lighting here at Unplggd. It's great to see technology being used in ways that put a new spin on a classic. These 6 chandeliers make great use of LED lighting while adding a fun and modern element to the traditional chandelier.
LED lighting has been cropping up more and more, no long reserved for the occasional accent. With these chandeliers LEDs are front and center. Take a look at our 6 picks for chandeliers that we feel look just as well as they light.
- Brindilles from Ligne Roset is made of fiber optic cables and 108 LED lights which all are stitched together in a white plexiglass fitting.
- LED Chandelier is a concept by Group Two Designs and is made from LED lighting strips which are directly cast into a form of translucent resin, making this whole chandelier light up with dazzling sparkles.
- Kurage3 from Schemata Studio is made of a 1.5-mm fiber optic cable and allows you to adjust the brightness by adjusting the curve of the cable. If you make the chandelier's fiber-optic cables curve past the critical angle for the cable, the light emitted from the LED light source leaks out.
- Branch Light by Bruno Fosi's is an LED modular lighting system that grows in size, complexity and illumination as additional lightweight ceramic pieces are added and held together with neodymium magnets.
- Constellation Chandelier is designed by Studio 1 Thousand and is not yet in production. This lighting fixture features 91 separate arms, each housing 4 energy efficient LEDs.
- LED Adjustable Chandelier is a DIY project by Flickr user Rob K636. This fixture uses 35 .5watt LEDs and is incredibly bright.